Home Fitness Challenge
In preparation for the retreat we will send you a training plan which focusses on key areas to help you get the most out of the Alpine Retreat.
Below is an example of a home fitness challenge you can try – ‘The 50 Challenge’:
Warm up – 5 – 10 Minutes
Make sure you are nice and warm, fully mobilise your body.
The 50 Challenge –
- 50 Squats
- 48 Mountain Climbers each leg
- 46 High Knees
- 44 Lunges (22 or 44 each leg – Choose your option)
- 42 Jack Jumps
- 40 Second Plank
- 38 Sit Ups
- 36 Leg Raise
- 34 Second Press Up Position Plank
- 32 Ice Skaters Exercise (32 each leg)
- 30 Second Squat Hold
- 28 Reverse Crunch
- 26 Plank Builders (Up and Down can be one or 2)
- 24 Burpees
- 22 Bridge Raise
- 20 Squat Thrusts
- 18 Dips
- 16 Single Leg Drops each leg
- 14 Press Ups
- 12 Walk Outs
- 10 Sprint (There and back is 1 or 2)
- 8 Jump Squats or Quad Burners
- 6 Knee Tucks
- 4 Super Slow Squats
- 2 side plank each way (30 Seconds to 1 minute)
Cool Down – Lower your pulse
Stretch – 5 – 10 Minutes
The aim of this work out is to drop down by two reps as you undertake each exercise.
Rest after each set, then continue straight onto the next exercise.
Have water on hand.
Wear Appropriate sports wear.
Please note – Try this work out at your own risk, if you feel unwell at any point please stop.